Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Queen of Almost

Not a whole lot has changed since my last post. I have done a lot of soul searching. Looking for that thing, that belief that is holding me back. Today I more deeply realized something I've known for a while. I don't complete things.

All sorts of things. Everything from the afghan I started crocheting when my son was still enutero, to my associates degree. I get so close to goals that I can taste them and then I don't finish. That chapter of my life gets to come to a close. It must.

I recently helped organize a 5k race, the proceeds went to an amazing charity. Pennies For Heroes. When you have a chance please check them out, they are an amazing organization, with a vision to assist the families of fallen officers, soldiers, and firefighters.

While organizing this event I felt great, the closer to completion that we got the more nervous I got. I wanted to quit. I had a heart to heart with another of the organizers. I confided in him that I had done my life up until this point "half assed" and it was time that I showed the world, and myself, that I am no longer that woman. That I see things through, that I am a success, not "almost" a success.

That's where I am with this weight journey. I've been within 20 pounds of the goal, gotten scared, started eating somewhat like I used to, stopped the food journal, slacked at the gym. Now, I'm back to with in 30 pounds of the goal.

The difference is that I SEE IT this time. I am finding what my triggers are and how I have traditionally dealt with them. I'm now finding new ways to deal with them. Things that are positive and reinforcing to the life I deserve. I know the importance of recommitting. I also know that it doesn't matter where I've been, or how much I've accomplished, what truly matters is what I'm doing right now.

I am going to have a celebration of my life, and a welcoming of my new life. I am going to do this when I reach my goal weight of 135 pounds.

Another thing I've never been particularly fond of is written goals. A friend told me today that goals, not written down, are nothing but wishes. I hadn't ever thought of it that way. But found it to be profound, and absolutely true.

So, what are my new goals, and am I writing them down, am I clear and consise? Am I committed? Am I ready to take massive action? YES! YES! YES!

I am going to have my party on or before September 17th, 2011. In the time between now and then I am going to release the last 30 pounds to my goal weight. I am going to stare this Queen of Almost in the face, and CHANGE HER STORY.

I'm starting now.

Love,
Alisha
xoxoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post, and after watching Biggest Loser tonight very profound. I think that is one thing they teach is finishing, coming to terms with who you were, who you are and who you will become.
    What is the cause of the overweightness it's not just the eating there is something behind it. You are on an amazing journey, I have read the great things you've done and are doing. You will finish this. We are all watching you and cheering you on. You are not alone!! I love you!! Nener

    ReplyDelete