Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Time Flies

From June to November, where did all that time go! Oh yes, I remember now. I was running, and biking, and playing with my kids, and of course working!

I have truly taken on this healthy lifestyle, and I'm loving it! My weight today is 185 pounds. I have let go of 90 pounds since May 1, 2010. I feel fantastic!

People ask me what I'm doing, what I'm taking, if there is a miracle cure. I'm not taking any diet meds. I'm not on any program, I'm not looking for a cure. I count calories. I keep them between 1000 and 1200 per day. I use http://www.fatsecret.com/ religiously. I love this website. Not only can I put in my own recipes, there is a huge database of other peoples recipes as well. There is an app for my smartphone, as well as a facebook app. This means that no matter where I go, or what I'm doing, I have access to an accurate calorie counter.

I eat fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats, heart healthy carbs. I do not starve. If I am hungry I eat. If I want a piece of cake, I have a small piece of cake instead of 1/2 the cake like I did before. I exercise. I've found a fondness for running, and enjoy riding a bike. I've recently added Zumba to my weekly work outs, and I'll start core strengthening sometime in the near future.

I think for me making the decision to make it fun was and still is, the key. I have always had a love affair with food. I think about it constantly. What has changed however is what I think about preparing. I am constantly looking for and coming up with healthy recipes. I love it when I create entire meals that are 400 calories or less. They taste good to boot!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it interesting how people wonder how you lose weight?? I've been asked that question too, and my reply is always, "Hard work! I workout & eat right." Amazing how diet & exercise can make one healthy. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete