Saturday, May 22, 2010

I go out walking...

Well, I didn't go out walking yesterday. I used the excuse that it was too windy.  Well it was VERY windy, but I still could have gone out walking. Eh, it's the past, and what is it the Pumba from the lion king says, the past is in your behind? Something like that.

So, in this moment, I recommit to my walk. I'll take my children to their grandparents house and I will walk. I may even jog if my lungs aren't killing me. I want to be able to run. I've never been a runner, but I dream of running.

This morning was a pretty significant milestone. Wanna know what it was? Too bad, going to tell you anyway. But first, a little background. Last September my mother and I took a trip to Vegas, a girls only trip, to celebrate our birthdays. While we were there we went shopping (duh, right?) Well, I got brand new bras. Let me tell you this is no small feat when you are a big girl, and even worse when you are a big girl with little boobs. So, we 're perusing the racks at Lane Bryant, and I ask for a bra fitting. Much to my shock and horror, I am told I am a 46 to 48 B. Well, the bras at LB are generous, and they actually go up to a 44 in the styles that come in B cup. hmm... what to do with those extra 4 inches? Squeeze them into the bra, and have the sides roll up on me and not be able to breath? Go without a bra? Wear sports bras and have "uniboob" for the rest of my life. NO I SAY! I bought bra extenders. You know, those things you clip on the back of your bra to make them wider. Yeah.

Today, I measured my rib cage. 44 inches. Yes, this is still large, however, my bras now fit, with out this extender nonsense! I'm feeling free and confindent in my 44B sans extender today. I'm a sexy biotch!

No comments:

Post a Comment