Sunday, May 30, 2010

Weighing in

250.0 this morning! I'm so very excited! I started really keeping track a month ago, and in that month I have let go of 25 pounds! I'm watching what I eat, counting calories (which I say again, is suprisingly easy) check out http://www.fatsecret.com/ Their website is easy to use, and they have an app for most smart phones. I'm now walking 4 miles most every day. I'm jogging parts of this walk, and I'm able to do it in about an hour.

I'm meeting with challenges along the way. One such challenge is actually my 8 year old daughter. She doesn't enjoy the time that I spend walking. I attempted to have her and my 2 year old son come along on a walk the other day. We went to the local high school running track. I let the kids loose in the grassy area of the football field. My 2 year old was in 7th heaven, running up and down the field, playing in the sand of the pole vaulty place. My 8 year old was miserable. "There's nothing to do!" "I'm BORED" "Mom, Stop please!" Needless to say I wasn't really able to focus on the exercise portion of the walk, and she won... I'm going to do it again this week, on one of my days off. I get to do this. Not only for me, but for her. I could go back to that sedentary mom she is used to, but I wouldn't be around for her to be used to if I do.

Meal planning is also a challenge for me. I'm ok with breakfasts, I can always find something that is good for me and healthy to have in the morning. My problems come in at lunch time, when I've failed to prepare my lunch for the day, and I'm at work. I'm not typically making enough dinner to have left overs, which in a way is good, because I don't enjoy left overs most of the time. BUT, this leaves me scrambling to find something, or, in most cases going out for a subway sandwich. I'm getting tired of those, so I truly deserve to get off my arse and get the lunch thing figured out.

I've also been posting my exercise and some of my meals to my facebook status. I've never posted my starting weight. Having hit the 25 pound mark, I really want to, and I really don't want to post my starting weight. Part of me thinks go ahead do it, I was trying to be on the biggest loser, where the nation could see it, what's a couple hundred of my closest friends? There is still the other part of me, slightly embarassed by the fact that I've gotten so large, that doesnt' want to admit to the world how much I weighed, and still weigh.

That's funny, it's not like they can't see it! It's in the spare tire I carry around my waiste, and in the extra chin I have perched right there under my first one.

Also, I want to make it clear. I am doing all of this because I LOVE ME! I looked in the mirror one day, even in all of my extra baggage glory, and I saw that spark I'd buried. I saw that piece of the Divine that I hold, that is only mine. I decided at that point to honor my I AM. Treat this body I've been given with respect. I DID NOT, look in the mirror and decide to change because I was repulsed or othewise disgusted with my appearance. I deserve to be healthy, I deserve to see my children grow up, I deserve to play with grandchildren one day. I deserve to have a love relationship in my life. I deserve to have a body that can keep up with all the adventures I can imagine. All these things are mine. I'm just claiming them now.

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment