Sunday, January 30, 2011

Gym Rat

I totally believe in the power of manifestation. I have for quite some time been pondering a gym membership. What kept me from actually purchasing one? MONEY. So... I began pondering, thinking about, contemplating an affordable gym membership, pass, punch card, something. It was a frequent thought, but I didn't consciously act on it. After all what I've been doing has worked this long.

Then opportunity knocked. In the form of a $10/month membership extended to Sheriffs deputies, Dispatchers, EMS, and Fire in Sevier and Piute Counties from Lifetime Fitness. I could not pass this deal up, and I'm so glad I did. For those of you who fit in this category, Hurry in, Monday the 31st is the last day they are offering the deal!

I joined a couple of weeks ago. I've gone to every class offered at 8:30 am for a little over 2 weeks now. I even got with a trainer and had her show me how to use some of the machinery in the downstairs of the gym. I already notice a difference.

I've got 30 pounds to go to my goal. I think most of this is going to come off from efforts at the gym. I also have to tone my body! I have angel wings I never thought I'd have, and my belly I've lovingly termed my charpae belly. I may end up having some skin cut off, but I'd like to see what I can accomplish through exercise first.

I'm loving the gym. If I didn't have to go home and sleep, I might stay an extra hour and work out some more.

So now I have two loves, the gym, and Zumba in Central Valley. Shauna and the other instructors make it so much fun. I look forward to Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights. I couldn't do it with out the help of my mom though, and I want her to know how much I appreciate her willingness to watch my children while I shake it, and while I work. She is a lifeline, and I love her very much.

until next time, xoxoxo
Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment